Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thin Hair - AND GETTING THINNER?

Ok, to put this simply, my hair is getting ever thinner.



I'm a 17 year old male and i'v grown my hair for almost two years now. I had it cut down to roughly 7-8 inches at the fronts, and about 3 at the back.



The most thinest part on my head, if the fringe.



When ever i comb my hair, i always have about 4-5 strands fall out with each stroke.



I'v been dying my hair for 2 years, and straightening for 1.



I'm afraid if my hair keep's coming out at this rate, i'll have to cut it all off, and start growing it again. But hair hair grows realy slowly.



If you could help me, i would be very thankful!



Thin Hair - AND GETTING THINNER?

It could be a combination of the dying and the straightening. I'd say to go back to your natural color and if you have to straighten it, use some kind of heat-protectant product. See, if the hair gets too hot, it can break off. But you don't have to worry about this if you use a silicone-based product (it should contain Dimethicone) and don't straighten every day.



It could also be that you're experiencing male pattern hair loss. But don't panic! Even though you're 17, it is a totally normal, natural part of becoming an adult.



But if you want to seek treatment for it, you have options. I'm sure you've heard of Rogaine. Its kind of pricey ($45 for a month's supply at CVS), but it has been known to slow, stop, or reverse hair loss in many of the men (and women) who use it. But your odds are better the sooner you start using it.



You might also want to start using dandruff shampoo. I read in Men's Health magazine that an ingredient in dandruff shampoo (Selenium) can reduce male pattern hair loss by 8%-11%.



There's also an FDA approved pill for male pattern hair loss called Propecia (aka Finasteride).



And the Swedes made progress on new laser treatments last year.



People may recommend vitamins. Altough vitamins won't hurt you, they won't fix your problem unless you are malnourished. And I doubt that's the case.



If you have any more questions, post back. I'm on these boards a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter