Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm only a 19-year old female and I have thin hair on the crown of my head?

I am a female.All of this started when I was about 16.My hair started thinning on the top of my head(the crown).So when my aunt noticed this and told my mom,she suggested that I start wearing my hair down.Before I was 16 I always wore my hair up tight in a ponytail mostly on the crown part of my head.So I started wearing it down.For about 4 years now it's been hard on me.Some people have noticed and have said rude things.I think it's not as bad as it used to be but it's keeping me from doing things that I want to do like dying my hair and keeping it long.So basically I don't know what to do.I don't know if it's a problem within my body or a protein deficiency or what.It could be anything from permanent hair loss from a tight ponytail to lack of protein to an overactive thyroid. The point is,it's making me feel really low and I have a low self esteem because of it.My mom tells me to not dye it or grow it long because it will be more noticeable and that makes me mad.Someone please help!



I'm only a 19-year old female and I have thin hair on the crown of my head?

Ask your doctor about Rogaine for women. It can help you.



I'm only a 19-year old female and I have thin hair on the crown of my head?

Well, you could see a doctor about it -- there may be medical reasons for your thinning hair that could be treated with medication. Meanwhile, I would use Nioxin shampoo and conditioners. They are good products aimed at helping encourage hair growth.



Stimulating your scalp, to increase circulation, could help encourage your hair to grow. I would also ask the stylist, next time you go in for a hair cut. Go for a good one, with an experienced stylist. They can not only recommend hairstyles to help, but they have a lot of experience with many types of hair (or lack thereof) and I'm sure that they can tell you a bit more than a dated visit to a doctor. Also, try asking your school nurse sometime. It's worth a try - better than the doctor if you're not going to go to the doctor, and they're at school so it would be easy to drop in and ask.



I'm only a 19-year old female and I have thin hair on the crown of my head?

If you dont actually have a bald spot?????? i wouldnt worry about it...not everyone has full thick thick hair...my hair is medium to thin and my hair isnt like puffy on top ...and doesnt have volume its really straight and doesnt feel thick at all on top of my head but thicker on the pony tail...so unless you actually have a bald spot i wouldnt worry.

1 comment:

 
Scooter