Sunday, November 29, 2009

What can I do with long, thin, straight hair that won't curl?

My hair is very hard to work with. It can't hold a curl for more than a 1/2 hour, and gets oily after one day.



According to my hairstlyist, I have thin hair (that should curl easily), but I have a lot if it (that's why it doesn't hold).



My hair is also very flat and has no volume to it, so leaving it down looks awful on me.



Anybody have an suggestions on what to do with it?



*I don't own a flat iron*



What can I do with long, thin, straight hair that won't curl?

i have the exact same type of hair, and there isn't much you can do with it.



but, to get volume you need a special shampoo. i use biolage volume therapy... it works really well. and if you blow dry your hair upside down it'll add a lot of volume.



if you use conditioner make sure you get one just for thin hair. otherwise it'll weigh it down and make it get greasy quickly.



to make your hair hold styles.. the only thing you can do is use hairspray. just getting a light kind and spraying it thrugh your hair when its still damp can make your hair slightly thicker and easier to manage.. so you can put it up easily..



cursl, however, are pretty much impossible to get to stay in. my only advice is to get those old fashioned rollers and use them overnight. if you put them in while your hair is still slightly damp (but just barely) it will really make a curl.



after that.. use a hairspray that won't make your hair thick and crunchy... light hold or something should be on the bottle.



hope i helped =]



What can I do with long, thin, straight hair that won't curl?

I would ask your stylist about her/his ideas for your hair. They should be able to make a recommendation regarding the best style for you. If they are not doing that-then find another stylist.



My daughter has hair like that and right now we keep it short (she's only 8). But with the texture and thinness that you are describing, a layered cut would work well and should give you some body. You can keep length with layers. The layers will just serve as a tool to get extra lift and volume. Also your hair won't be as weighted down so your style should last longer.



Product will make a differance as well. I am currently addicted to product and I will only use Redken. I have spent years and years trying other products, but they are the best that I have found.



What can I do with long, thin, straight hair that won't curl?

take a small strand of hair that is on top of it..and hten twist itwhile pushing it up and then pin it and hten make a pnytail voila..tada..instant beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter